May 11, 2010

Thomasville {Part 2}

The second part of our day trip in Thomasville was particularly fun for me. We visited Sweet Grass Dairy. They have a market where you can buy cheese, cured meats, wine, crackers, etc. Since I am a big fan of all cheese, we brought home some in addition to the best salami I have ever had. Also got a cute canvas shopping tote with their logo.
After the market, we drove into the dairy. They weren't open for tours, but we were told we could drive in to see some goats. The guy at the market said these babies were only a few days old.
I was pretty amazed by their cuteness.


The blog photo opp. Charles loves these.

Doesn't this make you want a baby goat?
It is a beautiful place. We didn't see any cows. They must have been hiding in another field.
Goats really do eat anything. See below.


I just think this little babe would love living with us and 2 whippets.


The goats below were closer to the actual dairy. They looked like teenage goats.
A huge herd of adult goats.


I highly recommend visiting if you are in the area.

On a side note. Emily Giffin's new book, Heart of the Matter, came out yesterday. I started it last night, and so far so good. She is one of my favorite fictional authors. I have read all of her previous books. She is an Atlanta girl.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin