February 17, 2010

cool furniture faux real!

I have always been a huge fan of distressed and painted furniture. When I lived in Newnan, I used to go to Lakewood Antiques Market. That really started my love for distressed, painted furniture. During that phase, I liked it really distressed. So much that you might have pieces of paint falling off! Now, I am really into all these distressed paint techniques that have layers of different colors. A little cleaner, no paint flakes. Anyway, I want to try my hand at this, but our Georgia winter is going to have to ease up a bit before I start painting outside.

Today, Tricia over at the morning t, shared some pics of a painting project she just finished. I am really impressed. If she didn't live far away from me, I would ask her to come over to help me paint!

Check out this old piece of furniture she had in her dining room. If you read up on her blog, she is transitioning her home away from dark, and into more light and bright! {It looks great, be sure to look for her new coffee table~fabulous!}


Tricia used paint she had. Over on her blog, she explains the steps to achieve this look. This is so professional looking to me. I could see this in an expensive furniture boutique store! And I really love the colors used. I am a huge fan of grays right now. Thanks Tricia for sharing!
The next furniture paint transformation comes from Layla at the lettered cottage. I'm sure you've been to the Lettered Cottage before. Layla is always coming up with a great economical project. She refinished this dining room table.

Check out TLC for more pics, and details on her work. Again, I think a very professional looking job!

Aren't you inspired to break out the paint brush this weekend? I am, but like I said above, it's going to have to warm up here.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin