February 18, 2010

new issue of country living

It is always very exciting to see something you own on the cover of a magazine!


See my pillow in my guest room? I made it, from a $1 fabric swatch from American Mills in Griffin. Bought the rope trim there also. The back is a solid fabric that I already owned. Later, I found another swatch, so if I want, I can have 2 of these. I would say for less than $5 each.

Now, the March cover of Country Living. See something familiar on the chair? I checked the source page in the back. Turns out that pillow is $168 by J. Seitz. That makes my bargain hunter side really happy.

Back to the March issue. It is no secret in blogtown that County Living has been stepping it up since the closing of great mags like Cottage Living, Domino, etc. This really is one of those issues that I love some many things, I will read it cover to cover.

This particular article, made me think of a property I have listed for sale in Griffin. I do have a real estate blog, http://www.griffin-realty.blogspot.com/, so I try not to make real estate style about my properties for sale. However, this brings up the topic of "vision." It's easy to overlook the potential of a property if you do not like the owner's style. I try not to fall victim to this, but this article tells me I have.

This is 113 West Slaton Avenue in downtown Griffin. Listing info. here. I have always thought this building could be really cool. It is an open space on the main level {perfect for retail, maybe an antique shop, furniture boutique, or fabric store?}, and an apartment on the 2nd floor.

Upstairs there are great brick walls and wood floors. Can you see it?


Here's the property in CL. This lady bought an old post office building, and turned it into a live/work property. She lives upstairs, and runs a furniture shop and antique mall in the lower level. She also hosts bistro-night dinners, and flower arranging workshops. How cool is that?

So, does it look familiar? Two story, free-standing, brick building.

And now, an interior shot. I can totally see the room in my building looking something like this. Too bad the Whippets need a yard, or we could do something like this! In this market/economy, it's good to be creative. I think living above your work is a great way to consolidate expenses when you are a small business owner. {Like me :)}

So, go grab the new issue, you won't be sorry!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin