June 25, 2010

idea house art

The other day I did a post about the fabulous new Southern Living Idea House in Senoia, Ga. Check it out here. In the post I mentioned one of the featured artists, Millie Gosch, who is originally from Newnan. Since Newnan and Senoia are both in Coweta County, the designer tried to find local art for the house.

I ablsolutely love oil paintings. The more colorful and casual the better. See an old art post here.
It doesn't hurt that many of Millie's paintings are based on my two favorite places...farms and beaches. They aren't really beach front paintings, but mostly marsh {I believe some based on St. Simons Island}

You can see more of her beautiful work on her website. here.



It has been a busy busy work week. Looking forward to the weekend, and an upcoming beach trip. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin