August 17, 2010

casual dining rooms

I tend to gravitate toward non-formal dining rooms when saving pictures. Maybe it is a generation thing, or maybe it's just the fact that we don't want to spend tons of money on formal dining room furniture! Either way, here are some current faves.

I love this light fixture. Saw one at Restoration Hardware at Lenox recently. It is a fortune $$$!
* via house of turquoise blog*
This was a photo that helped me decide in painting our dining room chairs cream.
*via decorpad*

Okay, so this space is a bit more formal, but I really like a skirted, round, dining table.
*via decorpad*

LOVE the green curtains, and I also really like the look of slip covered parsons chairs.
{BTW, Charles can't stand them for some reason}
*via plain & fancy living blog*

In this room, again I like the painted chairs, and I love the curtains and bamboo blinds. Be sure to notice the built ins on the left. The green plates, and starfish are a great addition.
*via matters of style blog*

That's all from my files for today. Getting closer to making our move. My mind is racing with ideas, but luckily I will have to work with what we have, so I can't go too crazy with the designs.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin