December 4, 2009

{Part 1} southeast ga house tour

This is the Griffin~Perry~Saint Simons Island leg of our Thanksgiving trip. It is also backwards. I need Charles to help me get the towns straight.



We are looking for historic inspiration in case we ever build a house one day...



There are bits & pieces of each of these houses that are interesting. I have also realized that many historical houses in SE Ga are painted white. Many of them are simple, & one story. That's what we're liking at the moment.



There will be pics from Sea Island & Albany to come....


Sophie loves a good road trip.



Charles really likes a brick Tudor style.
























Photo below is in McRay. I think this is our favorite. We really like a metal roof!








This was Savannah's first road trip. I think she had fun. She really likes to stay awake, and watch where we're headed!



The following pics are from Perry.



I'm a fan of dormer windows~especially shed dormers











{Please excuse my poor picture taking. We were driving. Didn't want to stop & get out to take pics. Thought we would look weird!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin