October 1, 2009

serenbe


Serenbe is a large residential development located in south Fulton County, Georgia. This is not new to the blogging world, but the article in this month's Southern Living reminded me that it was on my blog list. It was in the beginning stages when I lived in Newnan. Newnan is only about a 15 min drive to Serenbe. My friend, Jennifer, and I checked it out as soon as we heard about it. Love at first site! Every detail of Serenbe has been well thought out. Charles and I try to go eat dinner at the Farmhouse restaurant when we can. After dinner, you can walk around and pet the small animals, play croquet, and even jump on the inground trampoline. It is such a beautiful place, check out their great website.


This is one of the guest cottages by the old inn.

Guest pool.

This is a picture of the commercial area. Serenbe is growing it's number of cute shops, art galleries, and restaurants. The Blue Eyed Daisy is one of our favorites.

When the barn was finished, I was in awe! I would love to pack it up, and move the boys to the Serenbe farm!




Back to my days in Newnan. This house below was the Cooking Light Fit House. I believe in 2006 or 2007. We took a tour, and it was great! There was a dog wash area in the basement.


You may remember this article in Cottage Living.



I think this is one of the houses featured in Cottage Living. Spending time at Serenbe has taught me that I would love to have a new house one day that looks old!

*personal picture
I think Serenbe helped inspire my love of blue front doors.

*personal picture
Huge fan of a metal roof! {Silver ones}
*personal picture
Again, ispiration for blue doors, maybe?? See what you think on our house


*personal picture
I also think a wood shingled roof is fabulous!


*personal picture

*personal picture

*image from McKinney Builders




Back to the commercial area. There is a great restaurant called the hil. We have only been on Sunday brunch, but I am ready to go back. It has great style.


the hil restaurant

Do the mirrors below at the Hil look familiar?


Looks like my new favorite find in St. Simons a few weeks ago.

If you live anywhere near Serenbe, I urge you to go spend a Saturday there. You can also join their email list on the website. They send out news and events that go on at the organic farmers, market, shops, restaurants, and even special rates to stay at the inn.
*all pictures that are not specified as personal, came from serenbe.com, the-hil.com, mckinney builders, & cooking light



LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin