November 18, 2009

DIY sewing projects

I just finished a few sewing projects. Since receiving the latest Ballard Designs I have been wanting to make burlap Christmas stockings. Four or five years ago, I made two of these, again inspired by Ballard at the time.


I used this as my pattern to cut my burlap. Last week, I bought brown and white burlap. I plan to make two stockings for Sophie and Savannah, then a few extra to sell in my booth at the Antique Griffin. {The Antique Griffin is having their holiday open house this Friday-Sunday}


These are the two we are keeping. Wanted to match the decor. I have decided to paint both wood "S" letters white.




Here's the start of another color.


Awhile ago, I bought these fabric samples from American Mills. One was a zebra set with a few different colorways, and the other the bamboo design. Each group was only $1! I had no idea what I would use them for back then. I am also using twine for the loop to hang the stockings.

Project 2:: Silky blankets for the girls.

This is wool yarn from Joann Fabrics. I love the mix of colors.
These blankets are small, maybe 2' x 4.5'

I couldn't find any great colors of satin, so I went with white. I sewed two pieces of satin with batting in the middle. Then, I tied the yarn throughout the blanket to hold the batting.
































These pictures aren't great. Tough to photograph satin. I tried to get a close-up of the yarn knots. Each knot has a little turquoise, and the natural color.




Sophie approved.







LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin