November 5, 2009

office inspiration pics!

My good friend Jennifer, is in the middle of an office re-do. She works from home like I do. I understand her need for a stylishly organized office. When you stare at the same four walls each day, it helps to like what you see. Her office is a guest bedroom in her house, just like mine. She and her husband, Philip, just painted it a light blue. Now she is in the process of buying some items for the office. First off is a new rug. Needs to be functional with an office chair, but look good too! Here are the pictures she sent me. These are inspiring her re-do.

This is from an old issue of Real Simple magazine. I also LOVE this room. Even had it in my inspiration book of magazine tear outs. I knew exactly what she was talking about when she described it over the phone. The crisp whites, blues, and greens are great!

This is a picture of Erin's house over at Elements of Style . I really like her style. We have the two West Elm pillows on the left pic. Also, I feel like the architecture styles/layout of our homes are similar, so I am drawn to her decor. The office is also very crisp, & organized. Love the little zebra rug.

This picture is obviously not an office, I know. I think it was color inspiration for her. Not exactly sure where this picture came from, but I would guess Erin over at House of Turquoise has it posted somewhere on her blog! This makes me want to re-do my master bedroom now! The lamps are also similar to ours in our living room. {Love all things pale aqua glass now!}. Pottery Barn also has a new lamp for $99 like this!
I am also trying to talk her into a seagrass rug. They are so easy to keep clean, especially with animals. Jenn and Philip have a black lab, Cody, and a calico cat named Fluffy. If you live near Griffin, American Mills Outlet has basketweave rugs. They are cheaper at the outlet than on the website. That's all for now, have a great Thursday!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin