July 7, 2010

{Our Cottage} Guest Bedroom & Bath

In all honesty, this is my least favorite room. I really wanted to focus on our master bedroom, so this room is really a hodge podge of what we already had.
When Charles and I were first married, this was our room. It was closer to the bathroom. {Remember, the master bath is only a year old} I chose this blue a long time ago. I think it's Ben Moore, Yarmouth Blue. It's a tad dark for my taste now.

The previous homeowners had removed the closet doors, so I hung white mattelasse curtains. It has been nice to be able to open and access the entire closet at once. We also added the shelving and rod system that you can move around.

The dresser went with me to college, and has been painted MANY times. The tiny tv was also my very first tv that I took to UF. That was the first time I ever had a tv in my bedroom. From then on, I think I have had tv's in every room except for maybe the bathrooms. :)

The great thing about this room is the natural light. Tons of windows.

This is the guest/hall bath. Over the years it has had a few curtain changes. Charles bought this house before we met, so I was happy that the bachelor pad at least had a white bath. And it was white! White tile, and white walls.
We painted this a Behr color, I think. Very light. Then I changed the cabinet hardware, light fixture, and towel rack. You can't see it, but I am a huge fan of the double hang towel bars. We also have one in our master bath. And the most recent, final touch, the cute heron prints. There is also one over the towel bar. Tough to photograph this room!
As I mentioned in my previous post, I am working towards getting the house on the market for sale. The main thing left to do, is straightening up the basement. For a small house, we have tons of space! I still need to get my office/3rd bedroom clean for pics. Stay tuned!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin