August 18, 2009

All things chevron

We have old stackable, barrister bookcases in our dining room. Charles' mom gave me the idea, of putting fabric or something else to line the backs. She is planning to put fabric on the backs of hers in their family room to lighten things up. Since our book cases are an antique, and from my grandfather, I don't want to paint or wallpaper. I have thought about taping wallpaper or even wrapping paper up, if I could find a design I like. Last week, I meet my Newnan friends in Peachtree City. Before dinner, I ran into Swoozies. If you don't have a Swoozies near you, find one!! It is the cutest store with invitations, bags, paper goods, and basically anything you can monogram. I love cute, paper cocktail napkins anyway, but on this trip I had to buy a pack of napkins that matched my living room decor perfecto!! I now wish I could turn them into fabric to cover my dining room chairs. Well, when I got home and stared at my new napkins, the idea hit me to tape them into the backs of my book cases. I taped 3 cocktail size to get an idea. If I decide to stick with this, I will buy the luncheon size to fill up the space better.




Also have a piece of living room fabric pinned up on second case down, I think the print is too big.


My obsession with these cute, chevron style napkins has spurred me to check into actual chevron fabrics. Here are a few things I like. I know that chevron is not a new trend, but for me it is! My dining room chairs need a face lift, and I think a chevron fabric would be a little more fun than a stripe.


This is the closest fabric to my napkins. Has the color of my living room. Just may have a little too much brown for my taste.....



This could work, I have teal Pottery Barn, dupioni, curtains in my dining room. This fabric is from a seller on Ebay.



I think this color will conflict with my curtains, but I like it!


These cute pillows are from Twinkle Living. I think Erin @ Elements of Style blogged about these a few weeks ago. http://www.elementsofstyleblog.com/


These pillows are from Bella Studio Home.

While we're on chevron fabric, I LOVE these chevron painted wood floors. I have been wanting to re-paint mine in our kitchen, maybe..... {this picture came from a post a few days ago on House of Turquoise blog, http://www.houseofturqoise.com/ }

These Pottery Barn floors in the kids catalog completely inspired my marble floors in my new bathroom. This is more of a herringbone pattern, than a chevron, but I guess they are close. Love these floors!!! {www.potterybarnkids.com }

Another similar look in hardwood. {www.wideopenspaces.com }

Let me know what you think about the napkins in the bookcases!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin